CUPE’s Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention kit available online
Workplace violence is a serious hazard that many CUPE members face every day. The purpose of the kit is to provide members with resources to help protect them against violence and harassment in the workplace. Far too often, employers develop policies and procedures that only react to violence and harassment. This approach is not good enough. CUPE’s new kit focuses primarily on preventing violence and harassment in the workplace before it happens.
The kit is available for order to CUPE locals or downloaded here:
- Guideline: Preventing violence and harassment in the workplace
- Fact Sheet: Working alone
- Violence and harassment legislation in Canada by jurisdiction
- Checklist: Sample violence hazard assessment/inspection
- CUPE’s Code of Conduct
- CUPE’s Equality Statement
- Violent Incident Report
- Checklist: Response to a violent incident
- Bargaining Guide: Domestic violence in the workplace
- Guideline: Stop harassment: a guide for CUPE locals
- Workplace harassment and mental injuries: examining root causes
- Fact Sheet: What is the duty to accommodate?