KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY
The Council has developed an educational strategy for its members and all CUPE members. It is through education that we can train advocates to continue to support the needs of all CUPE workers. We have established, through the voice of the members at our general membership meeting, a full year’s calendar of training workshops in the region.
Our mission is to help Locals by taking the burden off organizing the agenda and by committing our resources to the managing of important tasks. We do, however, need the support of all locals in the region to fulfill their needs and to build our Council in the process. We have the ability to run multiple courses, at various locations, at the same time, while meeting the needs of members. All we need is to hear from you as to what your needs are.
Education Calendar for September 2017 to May 2018
1. WSIB Level I – September 23 & 24 click here to register
2. Parliamentary Procedures – October 13 & 14 click here to register
3. WSIB Level II – November 25 & 26 click here to register
4. Duty to Accommodate – December 15 & 16 click here to register
5. Stewarding, Introduction – January 27 & 28 click here to register
6. Social Media – February 23 & 24
7. Financial Officers – March 10 & 11
8. Recording Secretaries – April 28 & 29
9. Labour History and the Class Struggle Today – May 11 & 12
All workshops include light refreshments both days and lunch on the Saturday only.
Peel Area Office
25 Watline Avenue Suite 202