Over 1000 delegates gather in Toronto to build a resistance to the Ford agenda
Under the cloud of unprecedented cuts and restructuring and a sustained attack on communities and workers’ rights from the Doug Ford Progressive Conservatives, more than 1000 CUPE Ontario members from across the province are at Toronto’s Sheraton Centre this week to build the resistance plan against a series of misguided policies that will hurt Ontario’s working people.
Key segments of CUPE Ontario’s 56th annual convention include debate and approval of an action plan to mount resistance to Ford’s budget cut mania and looming public services privatization, and a large noontime march and rally along University Ave. to Queen’s Park on Thursday, May 30.
Speakers for this convention include:
- Keynote Speaker Jagmeet Singh, Leader of the Federal NDP
- Mark Hancock, President of CUPE National
- Charles Fleury, Secretary-Treasurer, CUPE National
- Fred Hahn, President of CUPE Ontario
- Candace Rennick, Secretary-Treasurer, CUPE Ontario
- Eric Blanc, Journalist, Organizer, Sociologist and Author